The Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission or DDBC is a Business Improvement District (BID) led by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Commission delivers a wide range of programs to promote growth and development in Downtown Dartmouth. The Commission is a conduit for input into Downtown Dartmouth improvement projects. The Commission serves its members through planning, development, coordination, liaison, publications and advocacy.
To champion the vitality of downtown Dartmouth.
Downtown Dartmouth is a vibrant, welcoming, and supportive community that maintains its unique character while residents and businesses thrive.
In order to achieve our vision, the DDBC is mandated with 4 strategic directions:
1. Member Capacity Building: facilitating communication among members, mentoring, providing services that have an economic benefit to members, sharing knowledge among members.
2. Advocacy: being a collective voice for members on issues of importance.
3. Placemaking: undertaking activities that improve the downtown such as streetscaping, making the community clean and safe, and engaging in events and art projects
4. Marketing and Branding of Downtown Dartmouth
Our Five Core Values
1. Community: The Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission will work collaboratively and respectfully with all members in the community.
2. Authenticity: The Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission will be an authentic organization focused on supporting the individual characteristics of its members and the community to preserve the small-town feel of Downtown Dartmouth.
3. Diversity: The Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission will foster a diverse community by welcoming a diversity of ideas, cultures, communities and people to the district.
4. Entrepreneurial Spirit/Independence: The Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission will reflect the creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial spirit of its membership by being adaptive, resourceful, and sometimes scrappy to foster the unique character and growth of the district.
5. Sustainability: The Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission will work with all members in the community with a focus on growing a socially responsible, economically and environmentally sustainable community.
You are automatically a member of the DDBC if you rent or own commercial space within the downtown Dartmouth business improvement district boundaries! The current district boundaries are outlined below.